Friday, October 28, 2005

Unwanted Communication: Wilhelm of the SS

Last night, at a rare person-to-person reading, as I'm quite ill lately... but this friend came all the way from another country (which I thought meant the US, but it turned out to be South Africa) - and was friends with one of my closest highschool friends, and I had strong painkillers - So I went. I don't regret it, all except for Wilhelm.
A man in a very familiar uniform was standing to my right, and to the woman's left - I assumed it was a spirit connected to her, until I realized he was looking at all of us around the table (5 in all).
"I am Wilhelm," he said, "and I am of the SS." He made my skin crawl. He said 164 - which I thought to be 164 confirmed kills, but I haven't been able to find that number. He wouldn't leave the table, and kept insisting that I listen to him. His face looked as if it'd be burnt with acid. Very proud of his medals, and his rank in the SS (which was high).

When I got home, I had a nasty migraine, one of the worst I'd ever had, so I didn't have time to research until now. Rarely do I find historical ghosts at my side, and even more rarely are they as unsavory as this Wilhelm character.

Who is this man? It was suggested that he is Wilhelm Bittrich, and when I saw his picture - I knew it was him instantly. SS, Wilhelm, the same face, same uniform.. Commander of the 2nd SS Panzer Corps, a heavily decorated officer. This picture isn't the best one of what he looked like in the reading, but it suits the personality that came through! He died when he was 85 years old in 1979...

I don't help certain spirits, and this is one of them! I wanted to publish this small article to let those at the table know who this man was- but I don't want to give him too much "air time" as this may be what he wants.