Thursday, October 13, 2005

FAQ: Have you ever seen Hell?

I think so... although it wasn't like fire and brimstone or devils and such. Let me tell you about it.

The man in question had done some rather regrettable things in his life - which I will omit here since detail will make him or the person who got me to do the reading. I doubt she'd want to have this public!

When I tried to contact the man - it came in stages. At first, I could feel utter confusion, panic, feelings of being utterly lost. Secondly, I saw him in a tattered business suit - it was grey with a white shirt and I'm not sure what colour the tie was. Next, I saw his wrist, he was handcuffed to a briefcase. Then finally came the vision that I certainly will never be able to get out of my head.

It was a world of grey rock, black sky, like the surface of the moon I suppose. The terrain was very jagged, and it looked like a mix of lime-stone and perhaps concrete, crumbly yet hard to the touch. I could smell that there was a fire nearby (yep, you can smell in these visions), and it wasn't cold in this place- nor was it hot. It was warm, room temperature. The man wasn't suffering because of the terrain, he was suffering because he was lost. There was an odd lighting in this place, kind of like the lighting at night at a car dealership - you know, well lit by high-up spotlights? But you couldn't see the light sources.

This man had no idea he was dead, that was the scary part. He thought he was still alive, and had to get home - and he had to keep the contents of that briefcase safe. He never showed me what was in the briefcase, he guarded it very carefully "with his life". He didn't communicate very much to me, because he was in a hurry to find his way. I could sense his desperation. He wasn't angry, frustrated, or any other easy emotion - it was all fear and anxiety, but mostly fear.

"Where am I?" He kept asking, although I wasn't sure if he was asking me. I told him that he was dead, assured him that he didn't have to stay there, but he wouldn't hear anything of it. He had somewhere to be, and he was important.

(After the session was over, I reconnected with this vision briefly - although I tried very hard to stay in it (which was probably the big mistake) - and saw that he was still wandering.) His "sins" on Earth had been too much for him, the woman said, he knew he was guilty.

My opinion on the matter is that people who do bad things generally beat themselves up over it. This man regretted, and his remorse was keeping him hostage until he was able to come to terms with it, I hope.. I hope he gets out of there. The feelings of utter loneliness were unbearable, but made me appreciate my own life a lot more. The impression, unspoken, that I got from this place was that it was created by something other than himself, but imposed by him... and that it wouldn't be permanent, but he had a long ways to go. I got the impression that there was love behind this place, but also a great dark warning: do bad things that you know are wrong, and you'll spend a lot of time making it up to yourself. Another impression I got was that the person (and persons around that person - ie. family and friends) that he'd wronged were watching him. Yes, there was a horrible feeling of being watched by vengeful eyes and listened by angry ears.

Lastly, this place was almost deafeningly silent, apart from the man's own breathing and heartbeat - and the occasional slight avalanche of tiny pebbles. And there were no stars in the black sky.

-That's one version of the "Hell" places I've seen. Utopia is much nicer to talk about, but that's for a non-October Post. I like to keep it freaky during this month.