Friday, October 14, 2005

Happy Scares: Insomnia Buddy

Not every scary moment is bad... sometimes spirits just surprise me. I stay up fairly late due to my chronic sleeping problems, I lay on the comfy couch and surf through the channels, click, click click.. infomercial, women exploiting themselves, news headlines... click, click.. weather channel, click..
Anyway, one of these times my back hurt immensly from my pain disorder, and I was rubbing my back and watching South Park. Yes, I have bad taste.. that's not the scary part ;) - I continued to rub my back when on my shoulders I felt a squeeze, like someone was about to give me a neck massage - so I wondered if someone had caught me awake and was patting me on the shoulder. I turned around, and no one was there.
Most of the time, when I see ghosts, they're NOT apparitions - that is, you can't see them with your normal vision, but a kind of secondary vision (second sight). You see them very differently. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw it going into the kitchen - and thought someone was getting themselves a glass of water or something for an upset stomach or sore head.
"What's wrong?" I asked semi-aloud as not to wake the other remaining member of my family.
No answer, but I could hear breathing and the shuffling of bare feet on the tile flooring. I went into the kitchen (I always leave a small light in there when I'm watching tv) and found no one to be there, looked in the connecting sun room - no one there. You can probably see where this is going?
I then saw from the corner of my eye that there was someone standing in the living room. The first thought that went through my mind was: burglar. Because this didn't look like anyone living in my home! I jumped with surprise, saw that I could see the tv through it, and then finally realized it was an apparition. It promptly vanished, but then I could feel it going around the room nervously.
"It's okay," I said, my heart pounding from that earlier fright, "I thought you were a burglar." It's always best to talk out loud to spirits, as sometimes they don't see body language - or read people in other ways very well. Most or all spirits, I'd say, respond to clear speech.
It didn't reappear, but the entire night I could feel a friendly presence in the room. That's a good tip - if the ghost "feels" friendly, like you're sitting in the room with an old friend or a nice neighbor, it's good. If it feels like you're in the room with an ex boyfriend/girlfriend you hate- it's time to tell it to go away and stay gone. Those spirits have a lot of issues and need to work their issues out... unless you can help them, but usually they have things they need to work out on their own. And usually they'll come to mediums/psychics, people that can hear/see them.

Once in a while I'll feel this ghost around. Someday I'll tell you about the Price is Right ghost ... which is quite a good read.