Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Old Floating Woman

Once, when I was at the Café doing readings, I was doing a routine Tarot reading when there appeared something which chills me to this day. It was an old woman, very white skin, white hair, and no eyes. Her hair was streaming as if it were underwater, floating with unseen currents, and she hovered about ten to fifteen centimeters from the ground. She "stared" in my direction. There was no real colour, it was like looking at a black and white movie - only with a tinge of blue, a very light tinge of blue. Her dress was tattered, torn or moth-eaten, and she was either missing all of her teeth - or they were not visible from my point of veiw. She was barefoot, and not wearing any jewelry. Her hair was long.
As I continued the reading, it became harder and harder for me to concentrate, and finally I asked the woman if she was easily frightened, or if fear/anxiety would make her ill, or if he didn't want to hear about ghosts. I asked in that order, waiting to get the okay before asking each successive question - never, ever, tell someone that a ghost is hovering behind them. It's quite traumatizing for some, and they might not be able to sleep for a week.
It turns out I wasn't the first to see this particular spirit, and in fact others had seen this ghost. And the querant had been having problems with a certain creepy feeling that wouldn't leave her be.
Some ghosts, like this one, will not communicate directly. They won't use words or easily understandable concepts/images. This spirit just looked freaky and hovered, and I have never been able to communicate with her again. In these times, I don't force communication - if the spirit wants to say something, it'll say something. I think the girl needed to know that there was a spirit, I think she knew what it meant to have this spirit near her - but she wasn't going to tell me.

(Keep in mind I'm giving you the spookiest stories this October, there are plenty more non-creepy stories I must relay, but I thought you'd enjoy these ones in the spirit of Halloween. On the 31st-3rd of Nov, I will talk about honoring the dead, thus my spookies will be less frequent..)