Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Bone Breaker

Not all spirits I've encountered are benign. Some are downright terrifying. One ghost was haunting a condominium in the downtown area of the city I live in, and its residents were scared stiff. To date, three people have come to me with tales of this particular part of town, with the same story, and the same fears.

The modus operandi of this particular spirit was thus: at first the residents would hear loud stomping in the other room or the other floor, or next door. Very loud, like a grown person was stomping on the ground. Then, the spirit would let itself known through various vocalizations (talking, yelling, moaning, whispering). Then the encounters would get violent and physical.

One couple came to me telling me that the spirit had broken the leg of one of the residents. An unexplained break. They didn't tell me a lot about what lead to this violent outburst, or too many of the details, but they wanted to know more about him.

Summoning a spirit is not what I'd call difficult, someone could do it more easily than tripping over your own shoe laces. Spirits don't live in 3d space like we do, they don't have to take a bus to get to where you are. They CAN wander if they like, in the 3d space, however usually they tend to walk in a different plane of existence. Anyways, back to the record:

It wasn't hard to get to him. Five feet eleven inches, I knew this because of a cupboard that was nearby and someone I knew had stood next to it at about six feet tall, and this spirit was an inch or so shy of it. Dark, I could only see a shadow - not anything distinguishing, more like a silhouette. His hair was wild, that I could tell, shaggy. His clothes were baggy. He was angry - that was not hard to tell. He had died or been buried underneath the building complex, which was no surprised since downtown Ottawa is a graveyard of those whom died building the Rideau Canal.

That was all I was able to get that session. The next time someone approached me about this same spirit (uncanny similarities and when I called to him, he was the same) I got a little more information. He had not been buried like he wanted to, and none of his family knew how he had died. Drinking had been involved, sluggishly he and other workers had continued to do their work - a tool was accidentally embedded into his head, I think a pick-axe but I could be wrong - it felt like a pick-axe.. (I'll explain how they show me in another post). Anyways, they had buried him before anyone knew what happened, as one of his co-worker's had been the accidental culprit. He was drunk and the tool slipped. Not wanting to get into trouble or "slow things down" - they buried him in a muddy grave about one or two miles down the very unfinished canal. His family was told that he had deserted, disappeared, and his coworkers had never come forth with the truth. Something about his blood wasn't pure, I didn't understand exactly what he meant - was he ill? Point being, the coworkers didn't think that much of him because of it.

He's pretty pleased that his tale is getting out. I haven't heard more about that area of town since the session where he told us what happened, although I'm always a little apprehensive whenever anyone approaches me what that particular look on their face, or beginning their email with "my house is haunted".

You might think this creature is in a fire-pit or a black tar ocean of suffering souls, but whenever I see him, he's surely not in there. He was angry, not suffering. Wouldn't you be? I have witnessed a very dark place, when I communicated with a client's ex-boyfriend serial killer. One of my more intense session, but that's for another post :)